O-Phosphorus Water Test

$50.00

O-Phosphorus is short for Orthophosphorus, a form of phosphorus that stimulates excessive algae growth in bodies of water. This excessive growth can deplete dissolved oxygen and kill off any animal life in the water. When there is too much phosphorus in drinking water, it can cause kidney and bone damage.

Is O-Phosphorus in My Water Harmful?
While ingesting orthophosphate can damage blood vessels and increase the risk of heart disease or death from kidney failure, some water systems actually add this chemical to water supplies. That’s because it tends to form a coating on the inside of pipes to prevent lead contamination.

How Much Does an O-Phosphorus Water Test Cost?
A test to detect O-phosphorus will cost $50 and alert you if you need to remove this chemical from your water supply.