ETR Labs is committed to helping you keep your water safe, clean and healthy. We offer bacterial testing services to detect problems with well water and chlorination kits to remedy bacterial problems. Every bacterial elimination kit comes with a post-chlorination test kit to verify successful treatment.
When Should You Chlorinate Your Well?
The EPA recommends annual sanitizing to kill any buildup of biomass. In addition, there are a number of other instances when you should sanitize your well, including:
- When water testing shows the presence of any microorganism
- If the well has been flooded or overrun by surface water
- When any work is performed on the well system
- When water treatment or filtration systems are installed
- If work is performed on a nearby septic system
- If there is a foul odor, bad taste or discoloration of water
- During the startup of a seasonal property
- If there is illness in the household
ETR Labs can help you with both chlorination kits and complete water testing so you can always be sure of a healthy water supply.Buy Now
ETR Labs’ chlorination kit is safe and more effective than the infamous “shocking” method. Household bleach and swimming pool chlorine are not effective for eliminating bacteria from wells. They leave behind an odor as well as other elements you don’t want in your water, such as heavy metals.
We designed this to be an easy “Do-It-Yourself” process so you can chlorinate your well at your convenience—no waiting for service personnel to arrive.
How easy is our chlorination kit?
- Remove the well cap.
- Pour the chlorination agent into the well and then rinse the sides of the well with a gallon of water.
- Put the well cap back onto the well and make sure it is securely sealed.
- Fourteen days later, take a sample of your water using the post-treatment kit included and mail back to ETR Laboratories for a free bacteria test. No other kit on the market includes this post-treatment test at no charge!
Don’t take chances with your water supply! Trust ETR Labs to provide the right products and tests to ensure pure, clean water for your family.
Have questions? Call ETR Labs now: 800.344.9977.